We have an over abundance of food to choose from, but all food is not created equal.
There are foods that bring life to our cells and foods that bring disease. Many times we don’t think of it that way when we are hungry.
We usually just eat mindlessly without putting to much thought behind it.
To simplify the thought of Wellness, let’s think of ourselves as a car. So what does a car require to function properly? The answer is - quality gas and oil. We are the same way. Without quality water and food, we will begin to break down.
Our country is in a health crisis and it is directly related to our lifestyle. Scientists that study health now say, “This is the first generation ever that is predicted to die before their parents.”
I believe a BIG part of our country’s health problems
So what are we Americans eating in a year?
stem from the food we are eating.
41% of Americans say they do not eat fruit and 82% say they do not eat vegetables.
- 60 pounds of cookies and cakes
- 23 gallons of ice cream
- 22 pounds of candy
- 365 cans of soda pop
- 90 pounds of fat
- 1216 pounds of chocolate
84% say that they eat very little fiber
So what are the statistics of our country’s health?
When most of the diet you eat is processed, chemical filled, essentially dead food, you are not giving life to your cells, but when you eat things like fruits and vegetables you are actually eating something that is alive!
- 1500 of us die from cancer every day
- 1 in 2 Americans will have cancer in their lifetime
- 1.5 million Americans have heart attacks every year
- 74% of Americans are overweight
- 33 million people suffer from arthritis
- Since 1970 bypass surgery has gone up 2800%
- 1 out of 2 children will develop heart disease
- By age 12, 70% of our children will have beginning hardening of the arteries
- More than 5 million children now have asthma, up 232% in the last 40 years
So what are the statistics of healthy food?
- eating cabbage more than once per week can cut you colon cancer risk by 66%
- eating a carrot per day cuts stroke risk in women by 68%
- eating a ½ cup of spinach once per day cuts macular degeneration by 43%
- eating 6 servings of fruit and vegetables a day cuts stroke rate by 44%
- broccoli has anti cancer capabilities
- blueberries lowers cholesterol better than some drugs
- cherries are known to relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis
- oranges have every kind of cancer inhibitor known
- pineapple has an anti-inflammatory and helps dissolve blood clots
- beets are a blood cleanser and natural anti-depressant
- kale has more calcium than a glass of milk
The verdicts in on healthy foods and it’s GOOD NEWS!
It’s up to you to consume quality water, fruits and vegetables, along with good proteins, whole grain fiber foods and foods that contain our essential fatty acids, like nuts, seeds and avocados. These foods will bring health and life to your cells!
David Bjerklie, from TIME magazine, was quoted in an October 20th, 2003 article as saying,
“The news about fruits and vegetables isn’t that they are good for you.
By choosing right foods…. healing foods, you can get your body on……..
It’s that they are so good for you they could save your life.”
the incredible journey to Wellness!